1. I always noted that most motorists did not give signal when they are turning left. Are they trying to save their car battery or they think we can read their mind that they are turning left?
2. So when you are approaching the Left Turn Junction and you want to go STRAIGHT, you need to:
3. Look back.
There are two types of drivers/motorcyclists
4. First type. They will slow down and go behind you and give signal that they are turning left. So you just need to flag your right hand to indicate that you are going straight. I always give thumb up as a gesture of appreciation:-)
5. Second type. They will start moving away a bit and sometimes didn't give signal to turn left. Normally I will just brake and let them go first. Sometimes I will just TURN LEFT to avoid colliding with them.
6. Sometimes I will just stop at the corner and wait till the traffic clears.
7. If there's vehicle coming out from the left turn junction, maintain EYE CONTACT with the driver. Make sure he/she sees you. Flag your left hand to indicate to give way for you to go first. If the driver is not making eye contact with you, just brake and let the vehicle to go first.
maintain eye contact with the driver (grey car) coming out from the junction.
8. Practice defensive riding skills. Always be on alert. Never ever rush. Just relax and enjoy your ride.